Recover your account
The following steps will guide you through the process of recovering access to your Self-Custody account, even if you have forgotten your password. Please keep in mind that it's crucial to store your recovery phrase safely. If you don't remember your recovery phrase, you will not be able to recover your Self-Custody account.
- To log in, please navigate to the login page.
- Once you are logged in, tap on the 'Profile' heading and click on 'Recovery Phrase'.
- Click on the 'Reveal' button and select ‘I forgot password’.
- The following screen will inform you about the necessary steps to regain access to your account. Please tap on ‘Restore from a recovery phrase’.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to enter your 12-word recovery phrase. Please ensure that you enter the words in the correct order.
- Select ‘Continue’. An error message will appear if the recovery phrase has not been entered correctly. If this occurs, please recheck your entry.
- If you entered the recovery phrase correctly, your account will be restored.
- Enter a new password with the following requirements: Min 1 upper case,Min 1 number,Min 8 characters,Min 1 symbol
- Please confirm your new password below.
- Please select ‘Open Self-Custody’ to complete the recovery process.